Position Asia Area FamilySearch Support Manager
Organization Family History Department, Worldwide Support Division
Location Taiwan Service Center
Post Date June 5, 2008
- Lead a large distribution organization of individuals, processes and structures that provide support to the Area Presidency, Stake Presidencies, Bishops, Family History Centers and Directors, Ward Family History Consultants, Family History Church Service Missionaries, members and non-members involved in Family History work.
- Provide overall management, direction and decision making for FamilySearch Support in the area.
- Design and implement strategies to increase Family History and Temple work in the area.
- Provide recruitment, training, deployment, direction, coordination and FamilySearch tools to local missionaries and volunteers. Coordinate the work of the Asia Call Centre.
- Work closely with the Acquisitions Division to coordinate and allocate resources to support Family History records acquisition efforts.
- Provide local interface for priesthood leaders with the Area Support Office and the Asia Call Centre.
- Manage the Asia Area FamilySearch Support budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in managing remotely delivered customer service.
- A strong business background
- A minimum of 5 years experience managing service organization in Asia including the development and implementation of business strategies.
- Experience delivering a high level of service and support in an international environment which has diverse language and cultural challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills in understanding, serving, and supporting leaders, members, and non-members within a geographical region.
- Strong leadership skills in developing a proactive vision to support the redemption of the dead.
- Experience in Church leadership positions.
- Financial management and budgetary control experience
- Team building and team management experience, including working collaboratively with organizations and individuals who do not report directly to the FamilySearch Manager.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin.
Consideration will be given to applicants living throughout the Asia ecclesiastical area. Applications close on 29th June 2008. Qualified Church members with current temple recommend, please apply with detailed resume and a recent photo to:
- Service Center Manager
- Taiwan Service Center
- 5, Lane 183, China Hua Street, Taipei, Taiwan 106
- Facsimile: 2192-4999
- E-mail: LiangCa@ldschurch.org
Application will be closed on June 29, 2008